Washington, D.C. – On Wednesday, Sept. 13 at 2 pm ET, Americans for Financial Reform (AFR), the Constitutional Accountability Center, and the Center for Responsible Lending (CRL) will host a press call to preview one of the most important cases coming before the Supreme Court this term: CFPB v CFSA, a constitutional challenge to the funding structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Sign up for the call.
The Supreme Court’s decision on whether to overturn the decision of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has implications not only for the last 12 years of consumer protection rules and enforcement actions and the industries the CFPB oversees, but also for numerous federal agencies and programs, including the Federal Reserve, the FDIC, Medicare, and Social Security, that – as with the CFPB – Congress chose to fund outside the annual appropriations process.
- What: Press call to preview CFPB v CFSA
- Who: Hosted by AFR’s Elyse Hicks and CRL’s Nadine Chabrier, the call will include authoritative voices on constitutional law, the CFPB, and market implications:
- Brianne Gorod, Chief Counsel at the Constitutional Accountability Center
- Amias Gerety, former Acting Assistant Treasury Secretary
- Aziz Huq, Frank and Bernice J. Greenberg Professor of Law at the University of Chicago
- Armen Meyer, Chairman of Board, Policy Committee, American Fintech Council
- JP Schnapper-Casteras, author of amicus brief on behalf of military organizations
- When: 2:00 PM ET, Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2023
- A reporter memo on the case and its implications.
- Hundreds of public interest groups, constitutional law scholars, small businesses, state attorneys general, lawmakers, and more filed amicus briefs with the Supreme Court in support of the CFPB.
Press Contact: email@example.com