On April 15, 2015, Mitria Wilson testified before the U.S. House Committee on Financial Services: Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit. The hearing at which Mitria testified was called "Examining Regulatory Burdens on Non-Depository Financial Institutions."
In her testimony (19 pages), Mitria offered:
- An overview of the importance of financial regulations - and the role such regulations currently play in protecting consumers, taxpayers, and the nation's economy
- Recommendations concerning the regulatory environment for non-depository mortgage lenders
- Recommendations on the regulation of title insurance for mortgaged properties
- Recommendations on the regulatory environment for non-depository providers of payday and car title loan products
- Recommendations on the regulation of indirect automobile lenders
More details about the recommendations can be found in the full text of the testimony.