The Center for Responsible Lending (CRL) recently hosted a panel discussion to examine the student debt experience of students who attend or who have graduated from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The group put faces to data as they discuss student debt cancellation and its potential impacts, particularly on people of color. Serving as moderator was Jaylon Herbin, CRL Policy and Outreach Manager and Student Loan Lead.
- Wisdom Cole, NAACP National Director, Youth in College Division;
- A’Kira Thomas, a third year law student (3L) at NCCU School of Law;
- Robert Stephens, Founder of HBCU Collective;
- Rev. Wesley Morris, Senior Pastor, Faith Community Church; and
- Anaya Wallace, a second-year law student at NCCU School of Law.