The Center for Responsible Lending is seeking a Campaign Associate to join our team in Washington, DC. The Campaign Associate will collaborate with other team members to ensure effective mobilization including education and coordination of external partners in their advocacy and elevation of consumer lending issues at the federal level, such as payday lending, mortgages, student loans, etc. Under the direction of experienced staff members, the Field Campaign Associate will help develop resources to help CRL staff engage coalition partners and other key allies to address and mobilize action (i.e letters, phone calls, etc) related to key initiatives and will assist in organizing events related to these issues.
- Actively participate with CRL team members in the development and management of a federal field advocacy campaign including:
- Coordinating briefing calls for coalition partners, assisting with the planning of events and meetings in key Congressional districts.
- Participating in the development of training and other materials to assist with public education and congressional outreach efforts.
- Tracking and reporting on grassroots and outreach engagement of allies to identify needs and areas of opportunity.
- Performing outreach to allies when directed and/or needed.
- Prepare communication materials and posting/distribution as appropriate, including use of media and social media channels, email communications, etc
- Actively participate in the development/distribution of press templates, social media tool kits, advocacy tool kits and other communication templates that will assist/encourage others to utilize these methods of outreach and convey important messaging on key issues.
- Prepare training materials and coordinate training events/webinars designed to enhance partner knowledge of key issues related to consumer protection.
- Collaborate with others in developing responses to ally requests in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Attend ally meetings and conferences, when needed. Assist in developing engaging presentations and/or conference material.
- Maintains CRM database ensuring accurate and timely updates of information.
- Complete special projects, as needed, taking a lead role, if needed.
- Perform other duties as may be deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- 3 years of experience working on campaigns, organizing or other related experience.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and work in a faced paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail and ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Strong writing and editing, and oral communication skills. Able to execute communications assignments effectively including use of social media.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest advocacy.
- Ability to well as part of a team and with a diverse group of people and settings while also able to work independently.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel and work evenings/weekends, when needed.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Direct experience working with government and non-profit organizations working to influence policy preferred.
- Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 10 pounds.
Competitive nonprofit salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package.
To apply, send resume and cover letter, describing why you are a fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title as the subject. Application must be received by November 30, 2018 to ensure consideration. Applications received after this date may or may not be considered, depending on the applicant pool. The position will remain posted until filled.
The Center for Responsible Lending is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research and policy organization dedicated to protecting homeownership and family wealth by working to eliminate abusive financial practices. CRL provides research and technical policy expertise to help policymakers evaluate consumer protection options and wealth-building opportunities. We educate consumers and the media about predatory lending issues, work with local and national coalitions to push for change, and take part in selected legal cases to advance consumer protections. CRL's work has helped lead to major changes in lending practices, saving families over $2 billion annually. For more information, go to www.responsiblelending.org.
Self-Help, CRL's affiliate, is a community development lender founded in 1980 that creates and protects ownership and economic opportunity for minority, women-headed, rural and low-wealth families through home and small business lending. Self-Help has provided $6 billion in financing to 70,000 homebuyers, small businesses and nonprofit organizations and serves more than 80,000 mostly low-income families through 30 retail credit union branches in North Carolina, California, and Chicago.
The Center for Responsible Lending is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion, disability that can be accommodated, marital status, ancestry, nationality, family status or sexual orientation.