CRL conducts in-depth research on the extent and impact of predatory lending, to provide useful information to consumers, community advocates, and policymakers alike.
- Overdraft U: Student Bank Accounts Often Loaded with High Overdraft Fees
Published: Mar 27 2015 Issue: Overdraft Loans, Student Loans
- The State of Lending: High-Cost Overdraft Fees
Published: Jul 30 2013 Issue: Overdraft Loans
Many banks and credit unions continue to charge abusive fees on debit cards and checking accounts. In this report, "High-cost Overdraft Practices," CRL finds that, in spite of regulatory changes in...
- Banks Target, Mislead Consumers As Overdraft Deadline Nears
Published: Aug 5 2010 Issue: Overdraft Loans
Banks want you to allow your checking account to be subject to overdraft fees from debit card purchases.
- Overdraft Explosion: Bank fees for overdrafts increase 35% in two years
Published: Oct 6 2009 Issue: Overdraft Loans
Banks and credit unions collected $23.7 billion in overdraft fees in 2008.
- Overdraft Fees and Opting In Survey
Published: Mar 23 2009 Issue: Overdraft Loans
A survey of consumer preferences regading overdraft fees and the choice to opt-in to such programs.
- Shredded Security
Published: Jun 18 2008 Issue: Overdraft Loans
Report on the impact of unauthorized overdraft fees on older Americans.
- Consumers Want Informed Choice on Overdraft Fees and Banking Options
Published: Apr 16 2008 Issue: Overdraft Loans
A CRL survey finds respondents prefer that their bank or credit union deny debit card purchases that are not covered by the funds in their checking account, whether their purchase is for $5, $20 or...