Comments to Regulators
CRL's staff includes attorneys, researchers, and policy analysts in North Carolina, Washington DC, and California who study and report on predatory lending matters, and monitor legislative and regulatory activity in state capitols and in the nation's capitol. CRL frequently responds to regulators' requests for comments on lending issues. Read our written comments to regulators.
- CRL Comment on OCC Working Paper #2006-1, "Foreclosures of Subprime Mortgages in Chicago"
September 15, 2006
CRL disputes the findings of an OCC study of subprime mortgage foreclosures in Chicago
- Comment: Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act Hearings
August 15, 2006
Public hearings on the home equity lending market and the adequacy of existing regulatory and legislative provisions in protecting the interests of consumers.
- Comment: Proposed Interagency Guidance on Nontraditional Mortgages
March 29, 2006
This letter highlights concerns with nontraditional mortgages in the subprime market.
- Comments: Open-End Credit, Bankruptcy Amendments of 2005
December 16, 2005
Comment to Federal Reserve on proposals regarding Open-End Credit Implementation of the Bankruptcy Amendments of 2005, December 16, 2005.
- Comments: RIN 3064-AC95, Proposed Rulemaking on Federal Preemption
December 13, 2005
The Center for Responsible Lending submits these comments on the proposed rules, ere part of a larger package of preemption rules urged upon the FDIC by the Financial Services Roundtable.
- Analysis of OCC Guidelines Establishing Standards for Residential Mortgage Lending Practices
February 3, 2005
CRL feels OCC’s guidance for national banks is no substitute for meaningful and effective legislative efforts at the state and federal level.