CRL's staff includes attorneys, researchers, and policy analysts in North Carolina, Washington DC, and California who study and report on predatory lending matters, and monitor legislative and regulatory activity in state capitols and in the nation's capitol. CRL frequently responds to regulators' requests for comments on lending issues. Read our written comments to regulators.
- Comments on the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks' Proposed Guidance on Non-Traditional Mortgage Risks
Published: Feb 7 2007 Issue: Mortgage Lending
Comments on the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks' Proposed Guidance on Non-Traditional Mortgage Risks
- Small Loan CRA Comment
Published: Feb 2 2007 Issue: Car Title Loans, Overdraft Loans, Payday Loans
CRL Comment to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on its proposed guidelines for affordable small-dollar loans.
- Comment: Proposed FDIC Survey of Overdraft Loan Programs
Published: Oct 16 2006 Issue: Overdraft Loans
Proposed FDIC Survey of Overdraft Loan Programs
- CRL Comment on Federal Reserve Analysis of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Data
Published: Oct 9 2006 Issue: Mortgage Lending
Debbie Bocian's comment on the Fed's analysis of 2005 HMDA data.
- CRL Comment on OCC Working Paper #2006-1, "Foreclosures of Subprime Mortgages in Chicago"
Published: Sep 15 2006 Issue: Mortgage Lending
CRL disputes the findings of an OCC study of subprime mortgage foreclosures in Chicago
- Comment: Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act Hearings
Published: Aug 15 2006 Issue: Mortgage Lending
Public hearings on the home equity lending market and the adequacy of existing regulatory and legislative provisions in protecting the interests of consumers.
- Comment: Proposed Interagency Guidance on Nontraditional Mortgages
Published: Mar 29 2006 Issue: Mortgage Lending
This letter highlights concerns with nontraditional mortgages in the subprime market.
- Comments: Open-End Credit, Bankruptcy Amendments of 2005
Published: Dec 16 2005 Issue: Credit Cards
Comment to Federal Reserve on proposals regarding Open-End Credit Implementation of the Bankruptcy Amendments of 2005, December 16, 2005.
- Comments: RIN 3064-AC95, Proposed Rulemaking on Federal Preemption
Published: Dec 13 2005 Issue: Payday Loans
The Center for Responsible Lending submits these comments on the proposed rules, ere part of a larger package of preemption rules urged upon the FDIC by the Financial Services Roundtable.
- Analysis of OCC Guidelines Establishing Standards for Residential Mortgage Lending Practices
Published: Feb 3 2005 Issue: Mortgage Lending
CRL feels OCC’s guidance for national banks is no substitute for meaningful and effective legislative efforts at the state and federal level.