Comments to Regulators
CRL's staff includes attorneys, researchers, and policy analysts in North Carolina, Washington DC, and California who study and report on predatory lending matters, and monitor legislative and regulatory activity in state capitols and in the nation's capitol. CRL frequently responds to regulators' requests for comments on lending issues. Read our written comments to regulators.
- Comment: RESPA Proposed Rule to Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages to Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs
June 12, 2008
Comments of the Center for Responsible Lending on RESPA Proposed Rule to Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages to Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs
- Comment: Proposed Rules Regarding Unfair, Deceptive, Abusiveprotect consumers from unfair or deceptive home mortgage lending and advertising practices
April 8, 2008
Request for comment on proposed changes to Regulation Z (Truth in Lending) to protect consumers from unfair or deceptive home mortgage lending and advertising practices. The rule, which would be adopted under the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA), would restrict certain practices and would also require certain mortgage disclosures to be provided earlier in the transaction.
- Comment: Implementation of Military Lending Amendment
February 26, 2008
Comments on Implementation of Limitations on Terms of Consumer Credit Extended to Service Members and Dependents
- Comment: Proposed Interagency Statement on Subprime Mortgage Lending
May 7, 2007
The Center for Responsible Lending submits the following comments on the proposed Interagency Statement on Subprime Mortgage Lending.
- Comments on the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks' Proposed Guidance on Non-Traditional Mortgage Risks
February 7, 2007
Comments on the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks' Proposed Guidance on Non-Traditional Mortgage Risks
- CRL Comment on Federal Reserve Analysis of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Data
October 9, 2006
Debbie Bocian's comment on the Fed's analysis of 2005 HMDA data.
- CRL Comment on OCC Working Paper #2006-1, "Foreclosures of Subprime Mortgages in Chicago"
September 15, 2006
CRL disputes the findings of an OCC study of subprime mortgage foreclosures in Chicago
- Comment: Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act Hearings
August 15, 2006
Public hearings on the home equity lending market and the adequacy of existing regulatory and legislative provisions in protecting the interests of consumers.
- Comment: Proposed Interagency Guidance on Nontraditional Mortgages
March 29, 2006
This letter highlights concerns with nontraditional mortgages in the subprime market.
- Analysis of OCC Guidelines Establishing Standards for Residential Mortgage Lending Practices
February 3, 2005
CRL feels OCC’s guidance for national banks is no substitute for meaningful and effective legislative efforts at the state and federal level.