CRL's staff includes attorneys, researchers, and policy analysts in North Carolina, Washington DC, and California who study and report on predatory lending matters, and monitor legislative and regulatory activity in state capitols and in the nation's capitol. CRL frequently responds to regulators' requests for comments on lending issues. Read our written comments to regulators.
- CRL tells CFPB the CARD Act Works, Encourages Risk-based Pricing
Published: Feb 19 2013 Issue: Credit Cards
Comments submitted by the Center for Responsible Lending to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in response to the Request for Information Regarding Credit Card Market. The CARD Act has made...
- CRL Tells CFPB: Prepaid Cards Lack Consumer Protections
Published: Jul 24 2012 Issue: Credit Cards, Prepaid Cards
The CFPB should prohibit overdraft and credit features on prepaid cards.
- Comments to the OCC: We Oppose Preempting State Consumer Protections on Mortgages, Credit Cards and Other Banking Products
Published: Jun 28 2011 Issue: Credit Cards, Mortgage Lending
CRL joins several groups in opposing proposed rules that would continue the OCC's broad preemption of state laws governing mortgages, credit cards, bank accounts and other banking products.
- Comment: Potential Violations of the Credit CARD Act
Published: Jul 7 2010 Issue: Credit Cards
CRL and consumer coalition express concerns about credit card issuer potential violations of the the Credit CARD Act of 2009. Problems related to penalty rate disclosures, variable rates, payment...
- Comments on Proposed Reg Z Rules Re Implementation of Credit Card Act Provisions
Published: Apr 14 2010 Issue: Credit Cards
CRL and other consumer groups comments to the Federal Reserve on proposed credit card rules related to the implementation of the Credit CARD Act and penalty rates and fee increases.
- Comment: Unfair or Deceptive Practices with Respect to Credit Cards
Published: Aug 4 2008 Issue: Credit Cards
Comments on Federal Reserve Board proposals regarding unfair and deceptive credit card practices, August 4, 2008.
- Comment: Implementation of Military Lending Amendment
Published: Feb 26 2008 Issue: Car Title Loans, Credit Cards, Mortgage Lending, Overdraft Loans, Payday Loans, Refund Anticipation Loans
Comments on Implementation of Limitations on Terms of Consumer Credit Extended to Service Members and Dependents
- Comments: Open-End Credit, Bankruptcy Amendments of 2005
Published: Dec 16 2005 Issue: Credit Cards
Comment to Federal Reserve on proposals regarding Open-End Credit Implementation of the Bankruptcy Amendments of 2005, December 16, 2005.