CRL's staff includes attorneys, researchers, and policy analysts in North Carolina, Washington DC, and California who study and report on predatory lending matters, and monitor legislative and regulatory activity in state capitols and in the nation's capitol. CRL frequently responds to regulators' requests for comments on lending issues. Read our written comments to regulators.
- CRL and Other Groups Comment on Clarifications to Fed's Opt-In Rule
Published: Mar 30 2010 Issue: Overdraft Loans
CRL and other consumer groups provide comment on the Federal Reserve’s opt-in rule and the proposed changes to Regulation DD.
- Federal Reserve Should Ban Mortgage Kickbacks
Published: Dec 24 2009 Issue: Mortgage Lending
In a comment letter to the Federal Reserve Board, CRL recommends strengthening proposed rules to ban routine kickbacks on home loans that already have cost Americans billions of dollars.
- Comment: Proposed 2009 GSE Housing Goals
Published: May 22 2009 Issue: Mortgage Lending
CRL's comments on proposed housing goals for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac support incentives to modify distressed mortgages.
- Comments on Regulation E—Overdraft Practices
Published: Mar 30 2009 Issue: Overdraft Loans
The Center for Responsible Lending, along with Consumer Action, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union, National Association of Consumer Advocates, National Consumer Law Center (on behalf...
- Comments: Proposed changes to HMDA reporting requirements
Published: Aug 28 2008 Issue: Mortgage Lending
CRL's comment on Fed's proposed changes to HMDA reporting requirements.
- Comment: Unfair or Deceptive Practices with Respect to Credit Cards
Published: Aug 4 2008 Issue: Credit Cards
Comments on Federal Reserve Board proposals regarding unfair and deceptive credit card practices, August 4, 2008.
- Comment: Proposed Rule Regarding Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices – Overdraft Practices
Published: Aug 4 2008 Issue: Overdraft Loans
Overdraft comment letter
- Comments on proposed Regulation DD amendments re Overdraft Lending
Published: Jul 18 2008 Issue: Overdraft Loans
America, Consumers Union, and the National Consumer Law Center, provide the following comments regarding the Federal Reserve Board’s proposed rule to amend Regulation DD pursuant to the Truth in...
- Comment: RESPA Proposed Rule to Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages to Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs
Published: Jun 12 2008 Issue: Mortgage Lending
Comments of the Center for Responsible Lending on RESPA Proposed Rule to Simplify and Improve the Process of Obtaining Mortgages to Reduce Consumer Settlement Costs
- Comment: Proposed Rules Regarding Unfair, Deceptive, Abusiveprotect consumers from unfair or deceptive home mortgage lending and advertising practices
Published: Apr 8 2008 Issue: Mortgage Lending
Request for comment on proposed changes to Regulation Z (Truth in Lending) to protect consumers from unfair or deceptive home mortgage lending and advertising practices. The rule, which would be...
- Comment: Guidance Regarding Marketing of Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs) and Certain Other Products in Connection With the Preparation of a Tax Return
Published: Apr 7 2008 Issue: Refund Anticipation Loans
While we believe that many commercial RALs are abusive financial products that should not be available to consumers without significant protections beyond those currently available, we understand...
- Comment: Implementation of Military Lending Amendment
Published: Feb 26 2008 Issue: Car Title Loans, Credit Cards, Mortgage Lending, Overdraft Loans, Payday Loans, Refund Anticipation Loans
Comments on Implementation of Limitations on Terms of Consumer Credit Extended to Service Members and Dependents
- Comment: Proposed Interagency Statement on Subprime Mortgage Lending
Published: May 7 2007 Issue: Mortgage Lending
The Center for Responsible Lending submits the following comments on the proposed Interagency Statement on Subprime Mortgage Lending.
- Comment: To Department of Defense on Military Lending Act
Published: Feb 8 2007 Issue: Car Title Loans, Payday Loans
Comments on Military Lending Act submitted to Department of Defense by Consumer Coalition on Feb. 5, 2007.
- Comments on the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks' Proposed Guidance on Non-Traditional Mortgage Risks
Published: Feb 7 2007 Issue: Mortgage Lending
Comments on the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks' Proposed Guidance on Non-Traditional Mortgage Risks
- Small Loan CRA Comment
Published: Feb 2 2007 Issue: Car Title Loans, Overdraft Loans, Payday Loans
CRL Comment to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on its proposed guidelines for affordable small-dollar loans.
- Comment: Proposed FDIC Survey of Overdraft Loan Programs
Published: Oct 16 2006 Issue: Overdraft Loans
Proposed FDIC Survey of Overdraft Loan Programs
- CRL Comment on Federal Reserve Analysis of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Data
Published: Oct 9 2006 Issue: Mortgage Lending
Debbie Bocian's comment on the Fed's analysis of 2005 HMDA data.
- CRL Comment on OCC Working Paper #2006-1, "Foreclosures of Subprime Mortgages in Chicago"
Published: Sep 15 2006 Issue: Mortgage Lending
CRL disputes the findings of an OCC study of subprime mortgage foreclosures in Chicago
- Comment: Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act Hearings
Published: Aug 15 2006 Issue: Mortgage Lending
Public hearings on the home equity lending market and the adequacy of existing regulatory and legislative provisions in protecting the interests of consumers.