Resources for Policymakers
Get Our Policy Updates!
Sign Up for the Newest Info from CRL
CRL conducts research on predatory lending, and develops reasonable, practical policy solutions for policymakers at the state or federal level.
The sections below direct you to some of our major policy recommendations or statements. Please contact us if you have further questions about policies in a specific financial area or state.
- Predatory Practices within Subprime Auto Lending Market
CRL Testimony, Apr 23
- Mitria Wilson Testimony on Examining Regulatory Burdens on Non-Depository Financial Institutions
CRL Testimony, Apr 15
- Testimony at the CFPB’s Hearing on Payday Lending (Nashville, TN)
CRL Testimony, Mar 25
- Loan-level Certification Requirements for FHA Insured Mortgages Comment
CRL Comment Letter, Oct 6
- Expanding Access to Credit Through Online Marketplace Lending
CRL Comment Letter, Oct 1
- Coalition Letter to NCUA July 2015
CRL Comment Letter, Jul 30
CRL Research & Analysis
- Ending the Cycle of Evasion: Effective State and Federal Payday Lending Enforcement
CRL Research Report, Nov 23
- Poll: Strong Support for New Mortgage Lending Rules that Require Verification of Ability to Repay
CRL Research Report, Nov 13