CRL Publications on Auto Financing
Search Auto Finance Research & Analysis
Browse Auto Finance Research & Analysis
- Oppose HR 1737 Reforming CFPB Indirect Auto Financing Guidance Act
Published: Jul 28 2015 Issue: Auto Financing
- Comment Letter to National Automobile Dealers Association
Published: Jun 30 2015 Issue: Auto Financing
- Predatory Practices within Subprime Auto Lending Market
Published: Apr 23 2015 Issue: Auto Financing
- Reckless Driving: Implications of Recent Subprime Auto Finance Growth
Published: Jan 13 2015 Issue: Auto Financing
The auto finance market has grown significantly in the past few years. According to Experian Automotive, outstanding auto loan balances reached a record-breaking $870 billion in the third quarter...
- Negotiating on Car Loans Doesn’t Help African Americans and Latinos
Published: Jan 23 2014 Issue: Auto Financing
Trying to negotiate a better interest rate on your car loan should generally result in a better deal, right? Not so for buyers of color who get loans from dealers.
- Deal or No Deal: How Yo-Yo Scams Rig the Game against Car Buyers
Published: Apr 4 2012 Issue: Auto Financing
This latest paper by CRL provides a clear picture of the prevalence of yo-yo scams, insight into how yo-yo scams are perpetrated, and identifies which consumers are most likely to be targeted by...
- Dealer Markup of Interest Rates is an Unfair and Deceptive Practice
Published: Mar 30 2012 Issue: Auto Financing
The Federal Trade Commission has the authority to deem dealer markups of interest rates as an unfair and deceptive practice, according to this comment letter filed by the Center for Responsible...
- Comments to the FTC on Motor Vehicle Roundtables
Published: Feb 1 2012 Issue: Auto Financing
The Center for Responsible Lending, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety, the National Association of Consumer Advocates, the National Consumer Law Center, and...
- Amicus Brief in De la Cruz v. Wachovia Dealer Services
Published: Dec 15 2011 Issue: Auto Financing
This case involves borrowers who purchased a vehicle through a dealership in California. The financial institution in question, Wachovia, did not make the loans, but later purchased the...
- Maryland Repossession Law--Amicus Brief In Support of Apellant Donna Epps
Published: Apr 28 2011 Issue: Debt Settlement, Auto Financing
CRL and the National Consumer Law Center filed an amicus brief supporting appellant Donna Epps in regards to the improper repossession of the appellant's vehicle.