President Obama is slated to discuss housing recovery and related policies on Thursday, January 8, 2015 from Central High School in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Center for Responsible Lending has long been a research and policy leader on housing and mortgage policies. CRL has researched issues including access to credit, abusive mortgage lending practices, discrimination in markets, and family wealth-building.
As early as 2006, CRL began calling attention to the abusive and predatory mortgage products that led to foreclosures and the financial crisis – as well as the disproportionate impact that the crisis continues to have on lower and middle-income families. Links to reports are available below.
CRL senior vice president Paul Leonard will be attending the speech in Arizona and other CRL experts are available to discuss the housing recovery, the financial crisis, and the landscape of mortgage and housing policy moving forward.
To schedule an interview, please contact Catherine An at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-349-1878.
- Unfair Lending: The Effect of Race and Ethnicity on the Price of Subprime Mortgages (May 2006)
- Losing Ground: Foreclosure in the Subprime Market and Their Cost to Homeowners (December 2006)
- Foreclosures by Race and Ethnicity: The Demographics of a Crisis (June 2010)
- Lost Ground: Disparities in Mortgage Lending and Foreclosure (November 2011)
- State of Lending: Mortgages (December 2012)
- The Spillover Costs of Foreclosures 2012 (October 2012)
- The Spillover Costs of Foreclosure 2013 (August 2013)
- Press Release: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Reform Must Serve the Whole Market (March 12, 2014)
- Press Release: National Civil Rights Groups Say, as Released, Johnson-Crapo Does Not Provide Credit Access for Communities of Color (March 21, 2014)
- Press Release: Mortgage Choice Act would Jeopardize Responsible Lending Practices (June 9, 2014)
- Press Release: New Data Shows Important Market Segments Remain Locked-Out of Conventional Mortgages in Slowly Recovering Housing Market (September 30, 2014)
- Press Release: New Mortgage Rule Good News for Home Buyers (October 23, 2014)
For more information, contact Catherine An at 202-349-1878 or email@example.com.