Location: Washington, DC (preferred) or Durham, NC
The Press intern will provide critical administrative and substantive support to the CRL communications team.
- Provide administrative media relations support:
- Collecting and distributing CRL in the News clips daily
- Working with the payday campaign on the collection and distribution of payday news clips
- Assist with the writing and copy editing of statements
- Basic media list compilation
- Assist with monitoring of social media for relevant stories and trends
- Work with communication managers to adapt CRL statements and content for social media posting
- Perform other duties as may be deemed necessary.
- Previous experience on a non-profit communications team.
- Experience with Cision, Meltwater or similar programs preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint and contact management database systems preferred.
- Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 10 pounds.
Competitive nonprofit salary
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter describing why you are interested in this internship and a resume to email@example.com with the internship title as the subject.
The Center for Responsible Lending is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research and policy organization dedicated to protecting homeownership and family wealth by working to eliminate abusive financial practices. CRL provides research and technical policy expertise to help policymakers evaluate consumer protection options and wealth-building opportunities. We educate consumers and the media about predatory lending issues, work with local and national coalitions to push for change, and take part in selected legal cases to advance consumer protections. CRL's work has helped lead to major changes in lending practices, saving families over $2 billion annually. For more information, go to www.responsiblelending.org.
Self-Help, CRL's affiliate, is a community development lender founded in 1980 that creates and protects ownership and economic opportunity for minority, women-headed, rural and low-wealth families through home and small business lending. Self-Help has provided $6 billion in financing to 70,000 homebuyers, small businesses and nonprofit organizations and serves more than 80,000 mostly low-income families through 30 retail credit union branches in North Carolina, California, and Chicago.
The Center for Responsible Lending is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion, disability that can be accommodated, marital status, ancestry, nationality, family status or sexual orientation.